Indonesian International Student Mobility Awards (IISMA) is a Government of Indonesia scholarship scheme to fund Indonesian students on mobility program to overseas universities. IISMA is designed to accommodate undergraduate students to spend one semester (approximately 16 weeks) at university partner to study, experience host country culture, and do practical assignments to hone their skills. This program is centrally managed by Directorate General of Higher Education, Kemdikbud (Ministry of Education and Culture or MoEC) through the Sub Pokja Merdeka Global. Application of participation is open for undergraduate students from all Indonesian higher education institutions.
The objectives of this program is to facilitate Indonesian students to gain knowledge and skills as well as to exchange ideas and culture, and build network with their peers, academics, and international community overseas.
This year Kemdikbud will send 1000 students whom are selected from qualified students nominated by Indonesian Universities all around Indonesia.
More information on:
- Enrolled as an active Indonesian student of UGM during application and during the program
- Preferably 4th – 7th semester student (2nd – 4th year student) at the time of the program
- Have an adequate English proficiency with a minimum score of iBT 80 or IELTS Score 6.0 or TOEFL ITP 550 *please refer to the following information
- Have a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.00/4.00
- Recommended by the Home Faculty (Dean/Vice Dean of Academic Affairs)
- Follow all the regulations which have been set by UGM and The Ministry of Education and Culture RI (Sub Pokja Merdeka Global)
- Follow the selection process and nominated officially by the Office of the International Affairs UGM to the Ministry of Education and Culture RI (Sub Pokja Merdeka Global)
- Must process transfer credit obtained from host university to home university upon completion of the program
- Not currently receiving and/or in process of applying other fundings/scholarship that prohibit you from receiving other fundings/scholarships.
- Other eligibility according to the intended university and study program.
- Letter of Nomination from Faculty (addressed to the Head, Office of International Affairs, UGM)
- Letter of Enrollment from Faculty
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Official Academic Transcript
- English language proficiency certificate
- Recommendation from Academic Supervisor/Lecturer/Professor
- Colored Copy of Passport
- Submit the aforementioned required documents combined in one PDF file to the Office of International Affairs by the deadline which has been extended until 20 May 2021 through the online submission link: ugm.id/IISMA2021
- OIA will evaluate your application and process the official nomination from UGM to the Ministry of Education and Culture (Kemdikbud) Sub-Pokja Merdeka Global.
- Nominated students will proceed with the online application which will be opened by the Ministry of Education and Culture (Kemdikbud) Sub-Pokja Merdeka Global from 10 – 22 May 2021.
- The Ministry of Education and Culture (Kemdikbud) Sub-Pokja Merdeka Global will then proceed the selection of students.
- Selected students will apply to the program offered by International Higher Education Institution partners as host university.
- The FINAL decision of acceptance will be from both the Ministry of Education and Culture as well as the host university.
- List of programs (participating university partners and courses offered) will be announced through IISMA Platform on 10 May 2021 by Kemdikbud. We will also update the information in this page.
- The Official Nomination from home university will be provided for each student to upload in their online application at Kemdikbud. The sooner you submit your documents to OIA, the sooner we can process your nomination letter.
- As this scholarship is highly competitive, applicants are strongly suggested to strictly follow the basic requirements of the eligibility
- For those who do not have the preferred English requirement (iBT, IELTS and ITP) you can submit a Duolingo English Test.